Thursday, February 12, 2009

ARRL Membership?

NEW! QST Archive for Members Only - ARRL Members can access the QST magazine archive online, from December 1915 through December 2005. Archive results are intended for personal use only, and may not be freely distributed or copied.
=============================================
I copied the above from the ARRL website. Talk about a Benefit! This information alone is worth joining the ARRL. But you also get a monthly QST magazine subscription plus your membership in the organization. I think its a good deal.

Lots of people will rag on the ARRL for what they do or what they don't do. Well, I don't agree with some of the things they support either. But I left amateur radio about 30 plus years ago and then came back to it. I found out the ARRL had been there all that time watching out for hams and their best interests. Ham radio could have gone away and I would not have known it. So maybe I just appreciate the fact they looked after this hobby while I was busy doing other things.

When I came back, I found the ARRL was still sending code practice four times a day for five days a week. I started listening to their broadcast to regain my lost CW skills. It was still there! They had kept things going and I guess I appreciate that.

Amateur Radio operators are a tough sell. I doubt any one group can appeal to some of us. It is a wonder the ARRL is still around. But it and Amateur Radio are still going. So put whatever "wrongs" you see behind you and support this organization. I still think this is a good deal - for everyone....AR

2 comments:

  1. I dropped League membership and AMSAT membership to trim back expenditures after I got married. But, Gene, I could be persuaded. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In this economy, we all have to make some hard choices so I certainly understand. Access to the archives is a relatively new benefit and I thought it was worth letting everyone know.

    ReplyDelete