Tuesday, February 10, 2009

IRLP Link by KD5RHF

Kevin's IRLP link works great! So far, I have only tried the reflector 9991, but it worked as advertised. Once I entered the DTMF code 9991, I received the confirmation message from RHF's node #3487. The 9991 reflector repeats what it has received. I then transmitted "AE5FT Testing" and after a short pause, the reflector repeated what I had said. I tried a couple of other short messages and then entered DTMF code 73. The link confirmed it was de-linked. I realize this is an humble beginning, but I'll get up my nerve and try out one of the other reflectors on the IRLP website at http://status.irlp.net/ .

According to my search on this web site, Kevin's is the only IRLP link in the Tulsa area. Good job, Kevin!

I'll be adding to this post as my IRLP confidence grows .... AR

3 comments:

  1. I just tried 9991 on 146.535, but I didn't hear anything come back. I don't think local terrain (Tiger Hill) is doing me any favors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not know the coverage on Kevin's link. Terrain could certainly be a problem since it is simplex. I can hit it with 5 watts. Kev may be onto something here because it looks very promising.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That machine is in a neighborhood just E of Lynn Lane and just north of the BA Expressway. The expressway and Tiger Hill are in the way for me. Kevin upped it to 10W for me. I can get it a couple S UNITS over noise floor, but even with 50W I cannot reliably send the Touch Tones needed to operate the machine.

    Oh well, maybe interest will increase to the point we can transfer the machine to a better "mutual position".

    73
    Scott

    ReplyDelete