Sunday, February 15, 2009

IRLP to South Texas Repeater

This afternoon, I was able to chat with Don, K5OKB at his winter QTH near Harlingen, TX. After I let him know we had access to IRLP here in BA (Thanks Kevin!) then he sent me the repeater near him. I punched in the codes today and we had a nice QSO. He was a little "scratchy" coming back to me, but could be my mobile speaker(?). He said my audio was clear coming through at his end.

Don is the President of the Bartlesville ARC and he said he has been in regular contact with the other club officers via IRLP.

I am definitely impressed with the IRLP-enhanced mode of radio communication...AR

1 comment:

  1. Have you used any of the reflector nodes yet? Reflector 9250 in Las Vagas is fun. It is where the folks from Alaska like to congregate.

    ReplyDelete